The Big Night is the result of Comic relief and Children in Need joining hands. Together, these two organizations offered a very special night hosted by Matt Baker and Lenny Henry.
The show helped raise money for those in need and also paid tribute to all those who are out there fighting the battle against Covid-19 and risking their lives.
The show had been a big success on BBC One as many big Comedy stars were together and motivated everyone to raise money for the aid of those impacted by Covid-19. The three-hour show resulted in an amazing collection of £27,398,675 from the viewers across the UK.
The viewers were definitely thanked for their generous donations through epic entertainment.
- Peter Kay presented his classic Comic Relief single ‘is this the Way to Amarillo’, along with the special appearances on part of the original singer Tony Christie.
- Viewers also got to see Matt Lucas and David Walliams coming together on television again for the very first time in 10 years. The hype was real!!
- The Timelord reunion, though virtual, happened when Jodie Whittaker, David Tennant, Matt Smith, and seven other of their former Doctor Who predecessors came together.
- Coronation Street‘s Liz McDonald also dropped by and participated in Walford’s virtual pub quiz in EastEnders.
- The night also marked a special appearance by Catherine Tate and Matt Baker on The One Show studios to premier The Big Night In.
- Some other hosts of that night included Comic Relief co-founder Sir Lenny Henry, Davina McCall, and Zoe Ball.
- The night also received a surprise from the end of Duke of Cambridge who sketched with Stephen Fry.
Simon Antrobus, BBC’s Chief Executive of Children in Need thanked the viewers for their donations and made a beautiful remark that people across the UK had “come together in a beautiful way”.
Ruth Davison, Chief Executive of Comic Relief also gave a vote of thanks and said the funding would “help projects around the country that are doing vital work to support vulnerable, isolated people throughout the pandemic”.
The total viewership of the fundraising show was an average of 6.7 million along with a peak audience of 8.5 million.Tiny comb