Do you want to build an Android PC? Well, then you are at right place. Creating an Android PC with Phoenix OS is an easy process. It is based on the Android-x86 project. Moreover, you can install it on your Windows and Mac PC.
Now, you might be thinking that there will be some limitations with Phoenix OS. Well, you’re wrong my friend; just like any Android smartphone, you can customize Phoenix OS as per your requirement. On top of this, it supports PC with both 32 bit and 64-bit architecture. The best thing is that to install Phoenix OS, all you need is a USB drive. As it is based on Android OS, you can play millions of favourite Android apps. This OS also supports multitasking along with the multi-window feature. It also comes with a built-in browser that is compatible with the Android ecosystem.
Features of Phoenix OS
- Graphics– There is more and better graphics support in Remix OS. Moreover, if you are running Android apps on a big screen, then you don’t want pixel puddle screen.
- Installation– It’s relatively easy to install Phoenix OS with step-by-step instructions. It’s great that even a noob who has little knowledge of computers can also follow this process.
- Play store– When you install Phoenix OS, Google Play Store is built-in by default for you.
- Gaming– When it comes to gaming, you can play casual games in Phoenix OS.
- Player– Phoenix OS includes its player with the installation of Phoenix OS.
- Dual Boot– If you want you can install Phoenix OS along with your current OS as a Secondary OS. Moreover, you can install it with Linux, Windows and Mac OS,
- Storage– Phoenix OS allows you to choose the storage space from 8 GB to 32GB.
- OS– Latest version of Phoenix OS is based on Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Browser– Phoenix OS has its built-in browser. So, you don’t need to install another browser in it.
System Requirements for Phoenix OS
- Processor– Intel or AMD x86processor. However, I recommend Intel Atom processor made around 2012 or later.
- Storage Space– Minimum required storage space is 4 GB, but I recommend you to use at least 16 GB of storage space.
- USB– You will need a pen drive of at least 8 GB or more to install Phoenix OS.
- RAM– You can install Phoenix OS on a PC with 1 GB of Ram, but you will get Laggy experience. So, I recommend you to have at least 4 GB of Ram.
- Virtualization– Your pc should have Virtualization Technology. If you want to install Phoenix in your current Windows OS, then you will need to enable VT(Virtualization Technology).
How to Install Phoenix OS on PC
- Firstly, Download phoenix OS installer ISO file from the official site. One thing you should know that the size of the ISO file that you need to download is 876MB for the android nought. Moreover, you can use this .img file with both Windows OS and Mac OS.
- To start the installation process, double click on the setup file. Now, the setup will provide two options for the installation. You can install Phoenix OS on your Pen Drive and your hard drive, however, if you want to install Phoenix OS on your hard drive. Then it would be best if you had another partition and software named VirtualBox for installing it.
- Now, please select a drive in which you want to install the OS. It can be either of your PC or Pen drive. However, it would help if you kept in mind that the free disk space should be at least 4.5 GB.
- Give administrator rights to the setup program to complete the installation process. However, you can do it manually by right-clicking the application and selecting Run as Administrator.
- Finally, after completing the installation process, restart your computer and select Phoenix OS in the start menu to boot into your Android PC. Moreover, your PC will boot to Android OS for the first time. So, don’t get worried, if it takes a bit longer time to boot.
Q- Do, I need to pay for Phoenix OS?
A- No, you don’t have to pay anyone anything for this. Phoenix OS is entirely free for use.
Q- Can I use it on my Old PC?
A- You can run Phoenix on your PC. However, it needs to fulfil the system requirements mentioned above.
Q- Can I install Android OS on my Mac?
A- You can install it on your Mac PC using VirtualBox Software.
After using Phoenix OS on my PC, I would say that overall it is quite fast in Multi-Tasking. Moreover, it provides regular updates and prevents your apps from running in the background. I think that it’s a suitable replacement for the Remix OS.
The Best thing I liked about Phoenix OS is that it is Freeware and available for your 32-bit and 64-bit PC/Laptop without any restrictions. Moreover, if you faced any problem in installation then feel free to contact us via the comment section.